Sunday, December 1, 2019

Oh Offices! So Cruel.

The World of a Parent & Their Papers (Oh and Problems)

I'll take a guess here and assume if you are reading this, you have a messy home or work office that has now come alive because of your mess and is holding up a sign saying CLEAN MEEE! Some desk. Anyway, this is one of the rare times where you should listen to a inanimate object and clean your desk. And I'll be here to help.

Clean Before Gleam 

Before you rush to IKEA and all that jazz, I would like you to do a general clean of your desk. When I say general clean, I mean to do the following:
  • Throw away all useless paper and trash
  • Find things that don't belong and place them in a bag or box
  • Find things that have an already designated place and put them there
After completing these few bullet points, I hope you find that you desk isn't as bad as you thought it would be. Maybe you don't need to carry on with this post and all you needed was a clean. Maybe but not always. Next section is all about space.

The Desk is Lava

Whenever I cleaned my mom's desk, I always realized that the one thing that leaves first: desk space. After a week or so you might find the desk needing another cleaning because all the desk space has been taken again. There is a solution for that. They make little office organizing things for a reason. This is where you head to the internet and browse on cute things you could buy for your desk. Plan on where all your stuff will go and buy something to keep them there. It also doesn't hurt to label things. I find labeling helpful if you have children who sometimes trash your place. Here are some dos and don'ts when completing this section.

DO:
  • Buy some files for you papers
  • Leave somethings not above the desk
  • Always keep 2-4 pens and pencils handy
  • Keep most of your Technology in one place
DON'T:
  • Combine things together that are not similar
  • Stuff things behind things
  • Have a big space for little things
  • Have important object stored far away or in a place where bending down is needed

I hope that this post has served all ya'll office owners and dwellers well. Please comment below on what I should fix and things to include in the next post. Also please post a number 1-5 on how helpful this post was. Thanks a billion and Good Luck!

-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment